Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One down another in the works

Well the Mike and My Church groups Easter service project is done. The baskets and gift cards have been delivered and everyone has been thanked. What I should be working on is my family's Easter menu and baskets for my children but instead my mind is on another fund raiser for the group. Hearing this one might think that our group is strictly a service group. It is not. On the contrary it is a social group, with no service obligations whatsoever. Then maybe the group has a plan for the money. Nope wrong again. We meet in the church for free, each meeting is hosted by someone in the group and each family pays their share for babysitting. So is it that fund raising is on my mind? Honestly I don't know why well other than the fact that Our teenage youth group, to which Michael belongs would like to attend the National Catholic youth conference in November. This conference is in Kansas city Misouri this year and we are in Ohio so as you can imagine, there is a certain cost to things. The kids from this group are currently doing bake sales and such but these efforts are only scratching the surface. So I am feeling called to ask our group to organize a rummage sale with all procedes going towards this fund. Maybe this idea comes from the loads of stuff that I have been driving to Good will, or maybe my love for church rummage sales is running rampid, who knows but I know I am feeling called. Besides if I have a reason and a good cause, maybe I will feel justified to get rid of some things that I really don't have room or need for. see it's win win !Now to convince the group !